Furnace rollers reconditioning
1. Comprehensive reconditioning technology for furnace rollers and other steel-making components made of heat-resistant steel, including chemical treatment, hot and cold straightening, welding, beading and thermal processing.
Furnace rollers reconditioned at NPO "Vosstanovlenie" are successfully used at OAO "Severstal", OAO "NLMK" (Novolipetsk Steel Plant), OAO "VSMPO-AVISMA", ZAO "VMZ "Krasniy Oktyabr", OAO "Ural Steel", etc. The price of reconditioning is about two times less than the price of new components, though the service life remains as long as that of new parts.
This technology allows:
- removing excessive carbon and nitrogen from the components thus reducing brittleness of the heat-resistant steel;
- dissolving a brittle sigma phase;
- curing fire cracks;
- restore initial physical and mechanical properties of heat-resistant steel;
- removing the barrel curvature and restoring geometrical shape of furnace roller journals and barrels and other similar components.