NPO "Vosstanovlenie" is currently involved in the following R&D projects:
- New materials and technologies to apply non-metallic coatings to heat-resistant furnace rollers which exclude deposits from rolled steel and increase wear resistance of roller barrels.
- New wear and heat-resistant materials and reconditioning technologies for furnace roller barrels working under various thermal tension conditions.
- New reconditioning technology for circular shear blades which will increase their service life 5-6 times as compared to conventional blades made of 5HV2S and 6HV2S steel grades.
- New materials and manufacturing technologies for circular shear blades and edge shear blades to cut low and medium alloy steel plates.
- New reconditioning and manufacturing technologies for medium and high-alloy hot-working dies involving electrometallurgical methods.
- New sheet/strip banding technologies.
- New reconditioning technologies for backup chocks and roll couplings in hot-rolling and cold-rolling mills.